Every company is dependent on some type of asset that keeps the business in business – be it a computer, a centrifuge, or a megawatt transformer. In a large enterprise, reducing costs related to asset maintenance, repair, and ultimate replacement is at the top of management concerns. Downtime in any network, manufacturing, or computer system ultimately results not only in high repair costs, but in customer dissatisfaction and lower potential sales. In response to these concerns, this paper presents a methodology for creating a real-time Condition-based Maintenance (CBM) solution with the OSIsoft PI System. It provides valuable guidelines for planning an enterprise system that monitors critical maintenance processes and assets. This paper provides answers to many high priority CBM questions including:
- What is condition-based maintenance and how can it benefit your company?
- How to plan, create, and deploy a real-time CBM solution for all of the assets in your enterprise.
- How to create a framework that captures asset data, characteristics, and performance, and reuses asset models can save time and maintenance costs
- Why on-demand, role-based visualizations of asset conditions are essential for effective condition assessment and decision-making.
- How accurate real-time data reduces down time of systems through timely awareness of asset condition from workflow and triggered notifications