Non-contact safety switches by AutomationDirect are interlocking devices that are designed to protect both people and machines. They are preferred in certain applications where no physical contact (under normal conditions) takes place between the switch and actuator.
- Available in industry standard style plastic and stainless steel housings
- Styles: Non-contact magnetic and non-contact coded magnetic
- Wide (>10mm) sensing distance
- High tolerance to misalignment after sensing
- Enclosure protections: IP67, IP69K
- All Models: cULus, RoHS, CE approvals
Non-Contact Coded Magnetic Safety Switches:
Coded non-contact safety switches use coded magnets to close the circuits, thereby offering even more protection. The safety switch and actuator work together in such a way that the enable condition from the safety device is only triggered if the actuating element is within the switch's response range and the code on the actuator matches that of the switch.
Non-Contact Magnetic Safety Switches
These are simple magnetic reed switches and are designed to conform to IEC 60947-5-3 and be used as directed by EN1088, EN ISO12100 and EN 60204-1.