The PIEcal Model 525B Automated RTD & Thermocouple Calibrator is an industrial temperature sensor calibrator that accommodates RTDs (resistance temperature detectors) and thermocouples with its built-in NIST-traceable cold junction sensor. The PIE 525B is also suitable for use in calibration labs since its high accuracy and resolution are achieved by using an extremely stable, low drift circuit design featuring a +/- 0.05degC reference thermistor. In addition to registering actual temperature, the PIE 525B shows the precise resistance value when displaying RTD temperature. It features patented automatic detection of 2, 3 or 4 wire RTD connections and also detects when individual wire connections are open circuit. Inputs are protected up to ±60VDC against possible misconnection.
The 525B fits in the palm of a hand and weighs less than a pound. Its rugged design allows for safe and easy use in the field with its protective rubber boot, low profile switches, easy-access AA battery compartment, and a brightly backlit display. The double-click menu system allows for quick setup, fast switching between functions, and simple pre-programming of set points or step/ramp times. Standard functions include sourcing and reading of 14 thermocouple types, 12 RTD curves, millivolts and resistance. Additional features include the ability to turn cold junction compensation on/off, the display of cold junction temperature, and a secondary display showing corresponding mV/Ohm temperature values.
For trouble-free temperature control in an industrial environment, it pays to have a well-designed calibrator on hand to quickly evaluate and check process control issues.
- Increased number of T/C types from 10 to 14
- Added RTD types for Platinum 10, 50, 200 & 500 Ohm for the 1.3850 (IEC 751/DIN) curve
- More accurate & stable cold junction compensation -NIST Traceable Cold Junction Sensor in isothermal block
- Secondary display - Shows millivolts and cold junction temperature while displaying thermocouple temperature and shows ohms while displaying RTD temperature
- Troubleshoot RTD Sensors & Instruments - Automatic detection of 2, 3 or 4 wire connections indicates when individual wire connections are open. Verify proper instrument operation by measuring the excitation current.